Friday, March 13, 2015

Uh . . . where?

Have you ever asked someone for directions, and they just don’t seem to want to give them to you?

Isn’t that annoying? Last year a friend of my mom’s told me about a new Chinese restaurant, but not much else.

This is a True Story that actually inspired an episode of my web series Breakin’ the News that I call
Uh . . . where?

This lady friend of my mom ranted and raved about a new Chinese restaurant that opened near where she lived. “It is great,” she keep saying.

I was seeing a girl at the time and figured it might be a nice place for dinner, she loved Chinese. I asked the woman where it was . . . she paused talking and looked at me weird.

I swear she answered, “It’s where the new restaurant is.”

I asked a more few times. So did my mom. The only answer she would give is that it was where it was. She repeated, “It’s where the new restaurant is,” a number of times.

She also didn’t know the name of the place.

I gave up and left my mom and her to their visit. Later I found out my mom was frustrated with her, as she kept on about the restaurant, but never where it was, only that it was where the new restaurant was.

I always thought this woman was nuts, this proved it.

I never did find out where the restaurant was . . . or if it even existed.

Ace Masters

No comments:

Post a Comment