Thursday, November 17, 2016

IN REVERSE

I pay cash for everything, to a point depending on the price. I rarely ever use my Debit Card, and I don’t have a Credit Card (and don’t want one). This includes paying cash, inside the station, for gas. Usually this is not a problem.

This is a True Story I Call IN REVERSE . . . it became a problem yesterday. Yes, this is a story that actually happened yesterday.

I went to my local gas station by my house and pulled into the pump I almost always go to, pump #1. I went inside, got a small bag of chips, a soda and $10 on pump 1.
Well, at the pump, I took a swig of my coke, started to pump the gas . . . nothing. I reset the pump, tried again. Nothing. Third time the same.

No big deal, I figure the young girl just didn’t initialize the pump. I went back in, waited for a moment, and talked to the same clerk. All cleared up.

Still nothing when I went back to the pump.

I went back inside. Talked to her again. She told me I pumped my gas. I told her no. Then she hit me with this, “Pump 10 for $1 of gas, and you pumped it.”

Seriously, $1? Who gets $1 of gas?

I showed her the receipt . . . her face dropped. She realized what she did. Instead of $10 on pump 1, she put $1 on pump 10.

I finally got my gas . . . $10 on pump 10.

Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment