Thursday, August 3, 2017

HI-FIVE AWAY

Recently, fellow WrestleMentary Crew Member Chris and I attended the NXT Brand event in Phoenix. We had a great time, and a moment that fits right into the whole point of this THIS IS A TRUE STORY blog. Yes, this is another True Story involving pro wrestling that I call HI-FIVE AWAY!

One of our fellow Crew was unable to make the show, but Chris and I had dinner then popped on over to the Theatre were NXT did their thing. On the way over, and at the venue, we ran into some people I know from local indie events, and even some of the Indie Wrestlers.

All in all a great night, but none of that is what Hi-FIVE AWAY is about. No. My favorite moment of the night came during the ring entrance of a wrestler known as No Way Jose. No Way Jose is a very athletic, charismatic, dancing fool, happy-go-lucky wrestler. With great catchy music that everyone signs to.

No disrespect to ‘Jose,’ but I’m not a fan. I’m not saying he isn’t good. I just don’t like the dancing, smiling, overly happy, treats everything as a joke gimmick. I’ve seen it to many times and it has worn thin.

His theme music hit, he danced his way to the ring for almost five minutes. Throngs of fan were moving, shaking, singing along “NO WAY JOSE, NO WAY JOSE,” everyone but . . .

ME. I moved and shook, yes I did, but I was chanting something else. After a few seconds, when Chris realized what I was chanting, he joined in. A couple of guys next to me even high-fived me in excitement.

One of them wore a NO WAY JOSE t-shirt.

It was a great, hilarious and energetic moment I must admit.

I never did tell the guy wearing the NO WAY JOSE t-shirt that I was dancing and chanting GO AWAY JOSE . . . GO AWAY JOSE . . . GO AWAY JOSE.

😂

Ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment