Thursday, August 2, 2018

This is a True Story I call WTF!

This True Story is a follow up piece to The Greatest Escape (http://trulyhappened.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-greatest-escape.html). It briefly tell some weird moments after the events of that True Tale.

This is a True Story I call WTF!

I found out after hanging up on her that she planned on moving to the mid-west to be with her father (I forget which state). Her parents had been divorced for years, and she lived here to be close to her mother.

Yes, she planned on moving even after we would have been married and expected me to move with her. Without ever mentioning one word to me. I found out from one of her friends, who also told me I was going to go because “She said so.” Hell no.

A couple of weeks after all this happened she left me a voicemail. She wanted me to meet her at the store where we bought our rings, so we could return them. She had specific instructions: I come alone and she was coming with her brother and cousins.

I had the rings and we had both paid for them. I’m not stupid though, no way was I showing up alone while she brought family. I never answered, and I never went at the time she wanted. I don’t even know if she ever went herself.

Losing out on the money I had put down on the rings was worth it to be rid of her.

Not so long later I found out that she did move back to the mid-west. I felt free.

A few years ago I learned she married some guy and had three kids. After telling me and many other people she couldn’t have kids.

Either way, I was free. Or so I thought.

One day a few weeks after she left I got a call from her mother. A nice lady, if kooky. We talked and she apologized about how Missy treated me and told me a lot of things. This is where I learned about a lot of the lies Missy had told me.

Lies that her mother knew about all the time and never once mentioned even when we were engaged. She would have let me go through with it. Anyway, this confirmed that I made the right move. I got away.

She told me that if I ever needed anything to let her know. She would be there. All the typical stuff one says. I kept in touch with her for a little while, until a true WTF moment happened.

I got a call from her, abruptly letting me know her son was leaving for the week and she wanted me to come over and stay with her. She told me, “I’ll make you forget my daughter.”

HELL NO.

After that, I was finally free.

That final call explained everything.

Ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment