Thursday, September 29, 2016

A Scare

A Scare

This is a True Story I call . . . A SCARE.

This is a very recent event, and a very scare one. No joke.

On Tuesday, September 13, after getting home from work, I took a nap. It was around two in the afternoon. I woke up about four-thirty, felt good, stretched out and started doing some things. Then, it felt like my shirt bunch up in my right armpit. Just one issue . . .

I wasn’t wearing a shirt.

I felt my armpit, and quickly called my mom over. She felt the same thing – a golf ball sized lump. One that wasn’t there when I had laid down. I called my doctor’s office and I got an appointment that Friday, and canceled out my plans for that afternoon.
I spent Tuesday evening on-line looking up possibilities of what it could be. The good news is that I found about a dozen different things other than cancer. Still, the mind goes where it will . . .

As does time . . . especially when one is waiting to see the doctor, time does what it will . . . a 4:15 P.M. appointment turns into 5:00 P.M. and waiting very quickly, and feels agonizingly slow. I was finally called back and went through the motions with one of his assistants and finally saw the doc around 5:15 P.M. promptly.

He gave my arm a thorough exam and put my mind at ease fairly quickly – it was just an infection. A bad one, but just an infection. Nothing overly serious, or to be greatly concerned about . . . unless the medication didn’t work and it lingered.

Good news is, it isn’t cancer! Better news is that over the course of the week the sulfur based medicine he prescribed worked . . . and kicked my ass. For all of last week (9/18-9/24), I was literally walking around in a haze, unable to focus, sleep or eat. If this medicine had a side-effect, I experienced – except for a rash.

The best news is this, the infection is gone (I hope), at least the lump has gone completely away and my arm is back to normal. I am can put my arm down, and the burning sensation is gone.

This past week, I had an x-ray follow up and normal bloodwork done. Monday I see the doctor for my follow up appointment and see what’s up.

So, that was my last couple of weeks and my scary moment.

Ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment