Thursday, July 11, 2019

BUT . . . COMICS . . .

The following is one of the best experiences and favorite moments of my life. It combined three of my favorite and important things in my life: My Writing, Professional Wrestling and Comic books.

This took place in the summer of ’16 at a Click-Jab Wrestling event in downtown Phoenix. The Wrestling Show itself was not the big draw – the signing event was.

I call this true tale BUT . . . COMICS . . .

Dave Parrish and I attended this show, unfortunately the third member of our Wrestling Trimuvate was unable to make it.

At this show I met Divari, James Storm, EC3, GANGREL, was groped by two female wrestlers and met Bret ‘The Hit Man’ Hart! I didn’t believe anything could top finally meeting Bret Hart. I had missed meeting him years early during WrestleMania week because my Dad died that day.

But something did top meeting Bret Hart . . . that was meeting the then Ring Of Honor World Tag Team Champions of the World: Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian, The Addiction (aka Bad Influence).


Knowing they are both big comic book fans I brought along copies of my original graphic novel Rushmore. When talking to them at their table, getting autographs and pictures, I gave them each a copy of Rushmore.

Part one of one of the best experiences and favorite moments of my life occurred right then: Kazarian handed me his pen and asked me to sign Rushmore for him! Chris did the same. How Cool is that? I came to meet them, get a pic and autographs, and they ask for mine!

Then part two happened! Kazarian stayed professional, there were other people in line. Daniels grabbed a chair, turned it to face the wall and started reading Rushmore! When Kazarian told him people were waiting, he just respond: “But . . . Comics!”

Of course Daniels went back to doing what he was there for, the meet and greet.

Part three happened later, when Kazarian and Daniels actually carried their copies of Rushmore to the ring with them for their match on the card.

Awesome.

Ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment