Thursday, February 16, 2017

CHUG, CHUG . . . STUPID

I’ve written true stories about JAG before, where I used to work.

Well, here is another one. This is the tale of a time when a teenage girl at the center challenged me to something I ‘couldn’t do,’ and even bet me I couldn’t do it. Two other kids there jumped on and so did my Co-Worker.

Big mistake, but I am not sure for whom. Why? Well, when I’m challenged and told I can’t do something . . .

This is a True Story I call CHUG, CHUG . . . STUPID

On this fateful night we already had two kids in the center when a third, a young teenage girl, was brought in. It was myself, my co-worker and friend and an intern from ASU working that evening.

My co-worker and I were constantly playing Domino’s. He was actually a very good player, and taught me the game. I was constantly determined to beat him. We often engaged the kids brought into the center as a way to spend the time.

We also kept the fridge stocked with snacks, food and soda (Coke!). Well on this night we made a good time of it. We had a big game of Dominos, ordered Pizza and had a mini party.

Then a challenge was made – the teen girl made a comment about how much I must like Coca-Cola, and dared me to chug the can I just opened. Just a can, no big deal. Chug done.

Then she pressed – daring me chug a bottle. No biggie, I grabbed a 12 oz. bottle from the fridge. “Pussy,” she called me and grab the full 2 Liter (67.6 oz.) bottle.

She dared me to chug the whole thing.

Was I up for the challenge? Was I that stupid?

She dared me, and laid a $5 on the table. Made it a straight up bet and trying to punk me out. In fact, everyone got involved. $25 on the table, betting I couldn’t do it.

Well . . .  guess what?

I burp so hard and loud and for so long almost everyone, except for the girl, was concerned for me. I thought the pizza and my internal organs we going to fly out. I literally had to sit down and recover from the burp.

Her response? “COOL!”

No comments:

Post a Comment